Helping Women Bloom
in Their Own Lives
Financial Assistance Outline and Registration
The intention of the Financial Assistance Policy is to acknowledge a woman’s request, assist her in making this request, and honor her financial need whenever possible.
A woman who chooses to attend a local Woman Within Weekend and cannot afford the full tuition may request financial assistance from Woman Within South Central USA. The board of directors grants a limited number of $200 scholarships to qualified candidates per Weekend. Please understand that we will do our best to honor your request. While we wish we could honor every woman’s request for assistance, it is not possible at this time. The process to apply for financial assistance is outlined below:
- From the list of upcoming Weekends, choose the Weekend you would like to attend and click the “Register Now” button. You will be directed to our Eventzilla page where you purchase a $150 deposit ticket for that Woman Within Weekend. If financial assistance is unavailable, your deposit will be refunded upon request.
- Send an email to Woman Within South Central USA stating your need for financial assistance to the Center Director. This letter should include general information about yourself and your financial situation. All applications will be handled with confidentiality and will be destroyed after the process is complete. We ask that your email include information about each of the following topics:
- PERSONAL CIRCUMSTANCES – divorce, relapse, death in family, etc.
- FINANCIAL HARDSHIPS – single mother, full-time student, unemployed, etc.
- EMOTIONAL/BEHAVIORAL PROBLEMS – occurring in life right now
- WILLINGNESS – in what areas are you open to change and growth
- We also request that you ask someone to write an email on your behalf supporting your request for financial assistance. This email may come from a member of Woman Within, The ManKind Project, a minister, therapist, friend or relative. Please email this letter to the Center Director.
- Deadlines for all applications, deposit and emails of support will be 30 days before the weekend you wish to attend. If you miss the posted deadline, your application will be considered for the following Weekend.
- TIMELINE and EXPECTATIONS – For more efficient processing, please submit your registration, email of request and deposit online or by US Mail. We do not consider your application to be complete until we have received all of these items. We request that you take responsibility to make sure your registration, deposit, email of request for financial assistance, and email of support reaches us by the deadline date. You will be contacted by a member of our committee to discuss the status of your application and have all of your options explained to you, and they will assist you with any next steps.
Please contact us if you have any questions about the application process or the status of your application at the following: